Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
The submission file is in Microsoft Word.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- The text is double-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines, which is found in About the Journal.
- The instructions in Ensuring a Blind Review have been followed.
All articles published in Illuminare are open-access articles, published and distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License, which permits reproduction, distribution, derives and commercial use, provided the original work is properly cited and authors and publisher is properly identified.
All authors who send their manuscripts to Illuminare and whose articles are published in Illuminare retain full copyright of their articles. Notwithstanding this, the author(s) grant Illuminare, its editors, publishers, owners and other persons associated with Illuminare and other users/readers, a license to use the article as described in the License Agreement section below. In future Illuminare may produce printed copies of articles in any form. Without prejudice to the terms of the license given below, we reserve the right to reproduce author's articles in this way.
BREIF SUMMARY OF THE LICENSE AGREEMENT
By submitting your research article(s) to Illuminare, you agree that:
Anyone is free: to copy, distribute, and display the work; to make derivative works; to make commercial use of the work;
Under the following conditions: Attribution the original author and publisher are clearly and fully given credit (but not in any way that suggests that author and publisher endorse the user or user's use of the work); for any reuse or distribution, it must be made clear to others what the license terms of this work are; any of these conditions can be waived if the copyright holder gives explicit permission.