Who may deposit their scholarly materials into the Repository?
Researchers affiliated with any IU campus may place their works in the Repository as long as they have permission from the rights-holder. In order to place work into the Repository, researchers must agree to the IUScholarWorks Repository limited, non-exclusive license. Except for dissertations, student work is only accepted into the Repository with departmental approval.
Why deposit your paper into the IUScholarWorks Repository
- Increases citation impact
- Provides world-wide visibility and accessibility via search engines such as Google, bringing many new readers to your content
- Guarantees permanence
- Assigns a stable, permanent URL to your work so readers will always find it
- Ensures quick, efficient archiving of your scholarly work
- Relieves you and your unit of the responsibility for system maintenance
- Removes information technology barriers
How Can I Deposit My Research?
First, Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will assist you with document submissions. For more detailed information about the submission process, preparing files for submission, or acceptable file formats.
What kinds of materials are appropriate for the Repository?
The Repository is designed to hold and deliver scholarly materials in digital form (text, data, image, etc.), that will not change over time and that are adequately described with standard keywords and descriptors (i.e., do not have specialized metadata requirements).
Examples of content:
- Peer-reviewed materials (pre- or post-print, if rights retained)
- Supplementary materials
- Gray literature (conference papers, working papers, primary evidence)
- Dissertations and theses
- Negative results or work that will not be finished